Health Care Law
Look no further than Michigan Planners for clarification of the new health care law
Confused about the federal health care law? Michigan Planners can help. For over 50 years, Michigan Planners has provided access to affordable and comprehensive healthcare coverage for individuals, small businesses, and large businesses. Our solutions save you time and money because, as a small family business ourselves, we know what it takes to keep your employees happy.
You’re not alone if you’re looking for more information about the health care law. The Affordable Care Act can be a bit convoluted. Here are some of the basics:
- Ends Pre-Existing Condition Exclusions for Children: Health plans can no longer limit or deny benefits to children under 19 due to a pre-existing condition.
- Keeps Young Adults Covered: If you are under 26, you may be eligible to be covered under your parent’s health plan.
- Ends Arbitrary Withdrawals of Insurance Coverage: Insurers can no longer cancel your coverage just because you made an honest mistake.
- Guarantees Your Right to Appeal: You now have the right to ask that your plan reconsider its denial of payment.
- Ends Lifetime Limits on Coverage: Lifetime limits on most benefits are banned for all new health insurance plans.
- Reviews Premium Increases: Insurance companies must now publicly justify any unreasonable rate hikes.
- Helps You Get the Most from Your Premium Dollars: Your premium dollars must be spent primarily on health care – not administrative costs.
- Covers Preventive Care at No Cost to You: You may be eligible for recommended preventive health services. No copayment.
- Protects Your Choice of Doctors: Choose the primary care doctor you want from your plan’s network.
- Removes Insurance Company Barriers to Emergency Services: You can seek emergency care at a hospital outside of your health plan’s network.
Michigan Planners is available to navigate the health care law for you. We’ll save you the time, energy, and headaches it takes to build and manage your benefits package. Whether you’re an employer looking to create a full package for your employees or an individual looking for guidance, we can help.