Michigan Planners is one of Michigan’s premier and most unique insurance agencies, specializing in employee benefits. We are a fast-paced organization looking to add energetic team members to our incredible staff that are self-motivated and work well in a team environment. MPI provides an industry-leading comprehensive benefit package, inclusive of a generous profit sharing and 401(k) plan. Michigan Planners ‘hires to retire’, creating a work environment and compensation package to accommodate long-term career scenarios.
The Client Services Representative has the sole responsibility of maintaining a professional working relationship with the key contacts of the block of business assigned to this team member. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Quarterly meetings with groups to discuss claims and benefit utilization
- Knowledge and understanding of Medical, Dental, Vison, Life and Disability benefits
- The ability to adapt to different clients’ needs and wants, in a professional manner
- Knowledge in and understanding of ERISA compliance, FMLA, COBRA, 5500 filings and Health Care Reform
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Conduct impactful employee meetings
- Collaborate with Plan Analyst to outline most viable plan alternatives for clients and prospects
To successfully excel at this career, an individual must be energetic and self-motivated, so as to recognize their clients’ needs and address such on their own or organize the necessary work within their team.
- High school diploma or greater, personal skills being most important
- 3-5 years’ industry experience, working in Client Services or as an Account Manager
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Health and Life license with the State of Michigan
- Contagious energy and leadership skills that portray confidence in your team members and clients
Job Type: Incredible opportunity for full time career
Employment Review: Semi-annual reviews to track growth and future goals. Wage adjustments occur as earned and are not limited to annual reviews.